Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rainy Day People

Yesterday was lovely all day, warm and sunny with a few puffy clouds and vagrant breezes, perfect laundry weather. And thank goodness, because the previous week had been extremely wet, and I needed at least one nice day to restore my equilibrium, not to mention replenish the Random Laundry Generator's supply of clean clothes.

Today, of course, it's been raining again. It had looked ominous for a while, and the heavens finally opened early this afternoon. I had forgotten how delicious a wet Sunday can be. Last night I finally found my Gordon Lightfoot CD, which I had seen in a CD case at Rangeley last year but not since, despite looking very thoroughly through all the CD cases I could find. The case rematerialized on the downstairs coffee table; apparently Elvis had it, because no one would admit to having seen it before or put it there. Taking advantage of Grant's midafternoon cat nap (he hates Gordon Lightfoot, and for that matter virtually all pop music) I listened to it...


while working on a tiny lace project. I know, it looks like a scrap of drek, but it's lace, that's what it's supposed to do until it's blocked.

I haven't done any spinning yet today, but that's next on my agenda.

I haven't plurked either, and at the moment Plurk is taking forever to load, which probably means it's down, which means my karma will decline. Somehow I don't care. (I've been trying just to enjoy Plurk and ignore the whole karma thing; sometimes I even succeed.)

All in all, it's been a wonderfully relaxing day.


Unless, of course, you lack the sense to come in out of the rain.

7 Comments:

  • I haven't plurked, either...

    oh that cat looks pissed. off. hehehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 PM  

  • ROTFL Love that photo of the cat! And your comment about it is just perfect. Or is that purrfect?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 PM  

  • Obviously you are a bad slave and have done a crummy job of regulating the weather to your owner's requirements.

    The lace looks quite intriguing.

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:04 AM  

  • I'm a big, big Gordon Lightfoot fan! ;-)

    By Blogger MaryO, at 5:54 PM  

  • Poor kitty. OK, philistine again, I don't even know what plurking is... though I have some vague memory of seeing it mentioned not long ago.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 9:24 PM  

  • That cat picture is so perfect.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:51 AM  

  • This is the same cat who lived in a tree for a week, isn't it? So "sense" is not even a part of the equation. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home